INTO University of East Anglia 학생 인터뷰

Ms KIM, ***

Academic English  March – October 2008

Considering the UK

I chose to study in the UK because I have always been interested in the UK since I was a child. I thought that it would be unique to study English in the UK because a lot of Korean students go to America. I thought it would be nice for me, as I wouldn’t have much chance to speak Korean. I found INTO University of East Anglia on the internet. I was looking for good schools, which teach English in the UK. I wanted to avoid London and also wanted to study English in a university, not in a language school.

Did you use an Educational agent?

Yes I used an agent. There are not many agents who deal with INTO so I contacted a Korean friend who lived in Norwich and he recommended an agency.

Student Visa application

My agent really helped me a lot to prepare for my visa interview. I really didn’t know how to do it and they told me what documents to prepare – especially finance documents. That was the most important thing because I had to prove I had enough money to live for four or five months in the UK. The visa interview process was quicker than I expected. It didn’t take a very long time.

University of East Anglia and its location

INTO UEA is quite near to Norwich City Centre. The campus is surrounded by trees and greenery. It also has a lake, which I like most. I often go to the lake when the sun is shining.  In my home country the university is in the city and there is not much greenery. Here it is very calm and there are lots of parks.  I think it is a good place for students to come and study.

Campus Facilities

I use the library most of all. It is open for 24 hours and I can use the internet when I like. I also like the Union pub – every students’ favourite place! It’s cheap too!

Learning English

In Korea we learn America English. When I started to learn British English, I found it interesting, not difficult, but interesting because it was so different.

Classes

I study Academic English with INTO. In the morning classes we study speaking, grammar and vocabulary. I think vocabulary can be the most difficult to learn.

Teachers

I have one morning class teacher who is also my tutor. She cares about my whole life in the UK, not only about the classes. 

Pre-Departure

I recommend for students to bring a raincoat !

Arrival and Induction Programme

I arrived at Norwich Airport, which is very close to the university. It was late at night when I arrived but my homestay host was still awake and waiting for me, which was really nice.  I was really afraid about my first day at INTO because I didn’t know how to start my new life here.  On the first day we had orientation.  Student Services showed us around the campus, which was very helpful as I didn’t know where anything was or how to use the facilities. On the second day we had a tour of Norwich City Centre, which was also good. I was really worried about how to use my mobile phone, and how to take a bus, but Student Services showed us all the important places in the city centre. After the first couple of days I felt much happier and felt that I could ask staff if I had a problem.

Homestay Accommodation

I was very worried about living in homestay accommodation, as I had heard that some students have had bad experiences in homestay. However my host mum was really nice. She was a retired woman and she lived alone. There was one other INTO student from Taiwan who lived there.  She was nice too so we always walked to the university together. My host was always worried about me. She gave me good advice about safety – told me to stay with my friends. She cared about my health and what I ate. She was really nice. After I moved to a private house, she invited me back for dinner on several occasions.  It was a good experience. I think students will find settling in to their new life much easier if they live in homestay accommodation rather than residence to begin with.

British People

British People are very polite ! They always say thank you. I have not had any problems with them since I have been here.

Leisure Time

We often go on day trips to Cambridge. Sometimes we take part in the organised Social Programme but also we organise trips ourselves. Actually I went to London recently with my friends. INTO Student Services gave us information on where to stay and what to do which was very helpful. We often go travelling because Norwich station is very close and it’s easy to travel around the UK from Norwich.

Weather

Very changeable ! When the weather is bad, it’s really not good. But when the weather is good – it’s perfect ! The sun is strong but it doesn’t come out often!

Health and Medical Care

I did have to visit the medical centre on campus to get my NHS number. It was very convenient.

Food

Food prices are not extremely expensive but still expensive. In Korea we can find cheap restaurants but here they are all more expensive.  Sometimes we do go out to eat.  Norwich has lots of international restaurants so they is good choice.

Shopping

The shopping in Norwich is perfect. In the city centre there are lots of stores and they are all contained in a small area so it’s easy to walk about. 

Homesickness

At first I didn’t feel homesick because it was so exciting.  After four/five months I started to feel homesick. My friends experienced the same thing after five months. I think this is the hardest time for students. But maybe after that has passed you get used to life in the UK and feel happy.

Would you recommend INTO UEA to potential students

Definitely. I have really enjoyed my time here. I think that I made a good choice with INTO UEA and I recommend students to study here. Some students choose to go to language schools but I think studying in a university has many more benefits.  INTO has really helped me by giving me confidence and motivation to learn English. 

공지
[학교 평가] CES Embassy Cambridge
이름: 박**학교이름: CES Embassy Cambridge과정: Embassy Diploma of English기간: 24 weeks ---------------------------------------1. 학교에 대한 첫 느낌 어떠셨나요? 아담하다고 느꼈습니다. 2. 학교시설은 어떠세요? (교실, 컴퓨터실, 학생 휴게실 등)교실은 조금 좁은 것 같네요 3. 수업은 본인에게 잘 맞으세요? ..
[학교 평가] Regent, London
이름: 김**학교이름: Regent London과정: English World Intensive 기간: 12 weeks--------------------------------------- 1. 학교에 대한 첫 느낌 어떠셨나요? 위치가 마음에 들었구요 고급스러운 느낌이었습니다. 교장선생님이 학교소개 해주신게 인상적이었어요 2. 학교시설은 어떠세요? (교실, 컴퓨터실, 학생 휴게실..
이스트 앵글리아대학교 어학연수 후기
UNIVERSITY OF EAST ANGLIAStudent report Name: ** BaekFrom: Seoul, KoreaCourse: UECCDates: January 2004Follow-On Course: PhD in School of DevelopmentStudies 안녕하세요?먼저 제 소개부터 드리겠습니다. 저는 백**이라고 합니다.2004년 1월에 CEB의 영어코스를 시작하여 같은 해 9월에 이스트 앵글리아 대학교의 ..
영국 생활 생각보다 재미 있는 것 같아요^^
안녕하세요~벌써 영국에 온지도 4개월이 되어 버렸네요시간이 너무나 빨리 가고 있는 것 같아요영어 실력이 그만큼 늘었으면 하는 바램이지만...제가 제 실력을 평가 할 수는 없으니^^;;캠브릿지 생활은 정말 좋습니다~도시가 워낙 조용한 분위기여서 공부하기에 참 적당 한 듯 합니다.중간중간 큰 공원도 많아서 여름에는 ..
[학교 평가] St Giles, London Central
이름: 엄**학교이름: St Giles, London Central과정: ISC기간: 9 months--------------------------------------- 1. 학교에 대한 첫 느낌 어떠셨나요? 영국건물이 전체적으로 오래된 건물이라서 학교 같다는 느낌은 없었어요. 하지만 몇 달 지나고 보니까 런던에서는 참 좋은 학교 인거 같아요. 깨끗하고… 2. 학교시설은 ..
[학교평가] CES school of English(worthing)
이름: 배**학교이름: Swandean/CES school of English(worthing)과정: General course기간: 24주 등록(현재 4개월째) 1. 학교에 대한 첫 느낌 어떠셨나요? 생각했던 것 보다 학교가 작다는 것…(교실은 총 12개)생각보다 한국인이 많다는 것. (현재는 조금 줄어들긴 했음) 제가 처음 왔을 때는 한국인이 25명 정도 있었습니..
[학교 평가] Studio, Cambridge
이름: 이**학교이름: Cambridge Studio과정: ELP기간: 4 weeks 학교에 대한 첫 느낌 어떠셨나요?학생들이 많은 여름방학 기간에는 칼리지를 임대해서 수업이 진행되기 때문에 교실도 굉장히 넓고 편했습니다. 무엇보다 놀랐던 건 중국인 학생들이 정말 절반 이상 되더군요. 가격이 타 어학원 대비 저렴하고 평판도 비교적 ..
후기
유학에 대해 갈까 말까 고민을 많이했었는데학교에대해 정확한정보를 알아보고 지역에 대해 알아보고하니가야겠다는생각이들어서 저도 결정하게되었습니다.유학원에 와서 상담을 하고 안하고의 차이가 많이 큰거같습니다.좋은 정보 알려주셔서 감사합니다.
INTO University of East Anglia 학생 인터뷰
INTO University of East AngliaStudent Testimonial Interview Ms KIM, ***Academic English March – October 2008 Considering the UKI chose to study in the UK because I have always been interested in the UK since I was a child. I thought that it would be unique to study English in the UK because a lot o..
[학교평가] MLS, 본머스
이름: 조**학교이름: MLS과정: General English. 현재는 FCE준비반.기간:04/07/2008 ~ 19/12/2008 1. 학교에 대한 첫 느낌 어떠셨나요? - 우선 무엇보다 타운센터 한 가운데에 위치해 있기 때문에 주변 편의시설 이용에는 정말 좋겠다는 생각부터 들었네요.... 그리고 학원에서 근무하시는 관계자들도 다들 친절하시고, 도..